The civil hearing kit
The Tribunal has developed and distributed a Civil Hearing Kit designed to assist doctors, case managers and others in making an application to the Tribunal. The kit sets out the legislative requirements in the Mental Health Act 2007 and describes the paperwork needed when submitting an application to the Tribunal.
The Civil Hearing Kit is only available in electronic form from the Tribunal’s website or by contacting the Tribunal.
The following sections from the Hearing Kit provide information about each of the major areas of the Tribunal’s civil jurisdiction.
- Section 1 Involuntary Detention in a Mental Health Facility, Mental Health Inquiries and Reviews of Involuntary Patients
- Section 2 Review of Voluntary Patients
- Section 3 Appeal Against the Authorised Medical Officer's Refusal to Discharge a Patient
- Section 4 Applying for a Community Treatment Order
- Section 5 Applying for and Revoking Financial Management Orders
- Section 6 Electro Convulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Section 7 Applying for Consent to Surgery or Special Medical Treatment